It is important to shed some light on what has happened over the past four years. Below you will find 10 facts regarding issues that we face today.
All the facts listed are from 2008 onward. However, I strongly believe both political parties are to blame for the mess we are in. Both are responsible for the 15 trillion dollar debt. Both are responsible for the 45 million americans on food stamps. Both are responsible for the fact that there are not nearly enough good jobs to jumpstart the economy. One thing that I am 100 percent certain on: the country needs a course correction.
10. As of October 2012, the number of “long-term unemployed” steadied at 5.0 million. According to the U.S. Department of Labour Statistics, “These individuals accounted for 40.6 percent of the unemployed.”
9. In the United States, the average price of a gallon of gas has increased by 90 percent.
8. Since 2009, the size of the U.S. national debt increased by 44 percent.
7. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the percentage of Americans living in “extreme poverty” is at its all time high. Additionally, the number of Americans living in poverty has risen by more than 6 million.
4. Since 2008, home values in the United States have declined by 13 percent.
3. Employers health insurance costs have increased by 29 percent.
2. College tuition has increased by 26 percent.
1. If Obama’s budget gets passed by Congress, it would decrease NASA’s budget by 59 million.